The No Biz Like Horsebiz blog started one year ago today. It’s amazing how fast the days add up to 365….
I’ve been doing a little ‘taking stock’ of where things are with the blog now, and I wanted to share some of that with you, plus a bit of the ‘looking forward’ to what’s next:
- The blog subscriber base is small but dedicated, with site stats that are going in the right direction (that’s up, in case you were wondering) in terms of both reading and subscribing. Thank you to EACH and every one of my subscribers and readers, and especially everyone who’s taken the time to comment or share in some way. I really appreciate it.
- I’ve allowed this blog to evolve organically, ‘finding its voice’ along the way and building a foundation for the future. The Monday Morning Quickie (MMQ) posts and 52 Fridays series are proceeding swimmingly, and being shared a bit via social media (thanks, y’all!). The one surprise is how many find my blog through an Internet search for ‘morning quickie,’ something I wouldn’t have guessed when I started MMQ and a good lesson in how you name something and what that name could bring!
- The last year has brought positive results for readers and mostly ‘boy, that’s useful’ or ‘I enjoy reading’ types of comments and feedback. And a fair amount of s.p.a.m. – the WordPress Akismet tool informs me that it’s blocked 684 s.p.a.m. comments, and I sure am thankful for it!
- The past year has also brought recognition for Kemp Equine that I’ve shared here, in the form of multiple PR and writing awards, and a Finalist nod in the ‘Best Use of Twitter – International’ category of the first-ever Equestrian Social Media Awards (ESMAs), which didn’t even exist at this time last year. The ESMAs show how much more of the global horse industry is adopting new media, social networking, and technology in getting the word out and connecting folks within the various equestrian communities, across not only geographic boundaries but breed and discipline boundaries as well.
As for what’s next….
- In general, my purpose and focus are still the same as they were a year ago…
Through this blog, you can look forward to equine industry marketing news and information, interviews with relevant experts, and tips and resources to help you reach your customers more effectively and efficiently. There’ll also be links to my articles in horse magazines, plus some fun stuff from time to time.
- Now that the blog is underway, I’ll be working to build readership and the subscriber list, including more use of social media and some fun stuff. I hope you’ll help me out by telling others or sharing links when you find something useful or valuable in this space.
If I could have a ‘one year anniversary’ wish, it would be that the trend of horse industry sharing and connecting continues and grows, that we look for even more ways to invite others into our horsey world and show them not only the beauty, power, and magic of equines, but also how horses and equestrians can, and should, have a place in our fast-paced world.
Care to join me?
Please feel free share your own wish for the horse world by clicking on the Leave a Comment link below. Thanks for reading and making my first year an enjoyable one!